OVERTON, Nevada (Aug. 5, 2020) – OPD5’s offices in Overton and Mesquite remain open to the public as it continues to comply with public health recommendations and updated COVID-19 guidelines issued by Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak, including requiring its staff and customers to wear face coverings inside OPD5 facilities.
OPD5 will continue following all public health recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) and others, said OPD5 General Manager Mendis Cooper.
“We continue to encourage everyone to monitor and closely follow the current health guidelines issued by the governor and other public health organizations,” Cooper said. “Currently, this includes wearing a face mask, social distancing, and practicing good hygiene. I have asked the OPD5 staff to follow the state’s directives and I ask all of you to do the same. If you need to visit the OPD5 offices, please wear a mask, maintain social distancing, and wash or sanitize your hands before and after your visit. We all need to be committed to do our part to protect public health.”
OPD5 reopened its offices in Overton and Mesquite to the public on June 8 while implementing a wide range of health and safety enhancements. Both offices remain open to the public from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In addition, OPD5 staff can be reached by phone and email during normal business hours from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. each weekday. It also continues to operate, maintain and conduct any needed system repairs if a power interruption or service problem were to occur.
OPD5 offers a variety of contactless payment options. Payments can be made online or through its mobile app available for download through the Apple Store and Google Play store. Customers can also make payments by phone using its Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system or by speaking with a customer service representative. Finally, customers can set up autopay from their debit or credit card or checking or savings account.
Additional health and safety enhancements being implemented by OPD5 include:
- Customers and employees are required to wear a mask when visiting OPD5 offices and facilities.
- For added protection, OPD5 has installed plexiglass barriers and is in the process of installing protective glass barriers in areas where customer service staff members interact with customers.
- OPD5 has implemented enhanced cleaning procedures and will consistently maintain these procedures at all facilities.
- Customers and staff members are urged to continue frequent handwashing and maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from other people when visiting OPD5 facilities.
- Customers who have essential business needs that must be conducted in person, such as new customers signing up for service or customers who are transferring service, should schedule an appointment to meet with a customer service